In this free-to-attend workshop, you’ll learn how to use OpenSearch for searching data and for analyzing log data. You will deploy an OpenSearch cluster on Kubernetes, and a simple container application for searching. Experiment with search and search relevance. Try out the neural plugin to generate and search with kNN. Pull log and metric data, send it to OpenSearch to visualize the performance of the application, and use OpenSearch’s observability capabilities to debug issues.
When you complete this lab, you will:
- Have gained experience creating and managing Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service clusters.
- Have a working example of how to use the OpenSearch helm charts to deploy OpenSearch and OpenSearch dashboards.
- Know the basics of OpenSearch's query language, Query DSL, for searching data.
- Understand how OpenSearch's Trace Analytics can help you find and fix problems with your application and infrastructure.
- Have a stronger understanding of the basics of the Neural plugin, and explore vector-based, semantic search.
- Know how to build visualizations and dashboards to monitor your application in near-real-time.
Attendees will be provided with an AWS account and pre-provisioned resources to participate in the lab.
What to Bring With You
You must bring your own laptop to participate.
Who Should Attend?
Developers, DevOps practitioners, members of IT departments. Register here.